Skip to main content

Today is World Suicide Prevention Day

Here I am again, after months of writing things and not posting them. I have in fact had a lot on my mind. (Those of you who know me personally are not at all shocked, I'm sure, but maybe someone out there doesn't yet realize that, so I felt it was fair to say.) But my whole life, I've done this thing where I have too much to say so I say nothing for a while while it bubbles up inside...then I try saying something and it all comes whipping out like a hurricane of nonsense...so then I go back to bottling it up and stating my need for "processing time." Guess that's what's been happening with my sporadic posting for the last few years too. Who would have guessed?

Then there's this other thing I do when I don't know what to say--I obsess over a song, poem, essay, etc. in which someone else said what I couldn't. So to that end, I'm directing you to a few two articles by a cause that I admire very much: To Write Love on Her Arms. If you haven't heard about them yet, I hope you'll follow the final link below to learn about their origins. And I hope the first two links encourage you to be a little stronger, or kinder, or more confident, or more understanding, or more of whatever is missing for you. We all have different battles to fight in this life, so whatever yours might be, I hope you find the support you need. 


TWLOHA founder Jamie Tworkowski responds to the death of Chester Bennington
https://twloha.com/blog/chester-bennington/


World Suicide Prevention Day: Stay. Find what you were made for. 
https://twloha.com/blog/world-suicide-prevention-day-stay-find-what-you-were-made-for/


It all started with a story.
https://twloha.com/learn/story/


I'll leave you with one of my (many) favorite quotes from the TWLOHA page...It revitalizes me and reminds me of how important it is to be compassionate AND strong for others when I feel like I can't give anymore. THIS is how true, life-changing love is shared. Not by thinking, or by acting once. But by continuing to take action.


"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don’t get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won’t solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we’re called home." 

Comments