Skip to main content

Hi-Cap in High School

It was an honor being asked to present at the 2016 Celebration of Talent conference, and I spent weeks figuring how to teach teachers about supporting highly capable students in high school.  Then I realized that the best thing I could do is share the stories of students--straight from their own mouths (or word documents)! I reached out to a handful of young adults from throughout Washington State, asked them 4 important questions, then compiled some of their most poignant answers.


The following presentation includes insights from 14 respondents with a WIDE variety of high school experiences. I hope you'll review these answers with an open mind. And I invite you to share them with teachers, students, and even parents who could benefit by a more thorough understanding of how to support today's gifted students.


Hi-Cap in High School: https://youtu.be/0Kq9_ftAguo


Since the slides have been converted to a video, you'll probably want to pause to give yourself 
enough time to read each person's answers (shift in speaker noted by ****).  
And the video referenced with 6 types of gifted students can be found at  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiHIpDkJhY


I'd also like to give a sincere THANK YOU to my former students and to my friends who shared their experiences for this presentation. If you'd like your name listed as a contributor, please just let me know!

Comments